National Scholarship Program • Post-Graduate Scholarship Program
Post-Graduate Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program of the American
Board of Funeral Service Education also provides financial awards to active faculty of funeral service or mortuary science programs to assist them in furthering their professional education.
Scholarship amounts vary and are paid directly to the recipient. Awards are made by the Scholarship Committee of the American Board of Funeral
Service Education. The Committee meets twice each year, in April and October.
To be considered for an award, an application must:
1. Be actively employed as a faculty member of a program in funeral service or mortuary science education accredited by the American Board of
Funeral Service Education.
2. Provide a letter of application along with a resume.
3. Provide a letter of recommendation and a letter from their department head (or higher) indicating that insofar as it can be currently known
that the applicant will continue to be employed at the institution following the award of the advanced degree. (These two letters can be combined into one.)
4. Provide confirmation from the registrar of the graduate institution that the applicant is enrolled in a graduate program and transcripts of any
courses taken thus far.
5. Be a citizen of the United States.
Materials must be submitted prior to the March 1 or September 1 deadlines, addressed to the chair of the Scholarship Committee of the American Board of Funeral Service Education:
American Board of Funeral Service Education
992 Mantua Pike, Suite
Woodbury Heights, NJ 08097
NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org