National Scholarship Program • Post Graduate Scholarship Program
Post Graduate Scholarship Program
Active faculty at ABFSE accredited degree programs are eligible for scholarship consideration to assist in completing an advanced degree.
The Scholarship Committee of the ABFSE evaluates applications twice each year, in April and October. Scholarships are made available
under the auspices of NACMS and UMSEA. Pending availability of funds, scholarship awards are paid directly to the recipient.
To be considered for an award, an applicant must:
1. Be actively employed as a faculty member of a program in funeral service or mortuary science education accredited by the American Board of Funeral
Service Education and seeking an advanced degree to maintain employment.
2. Provide a letter of application along with a resume.
3. Provide a letter of recommendation from their department head indicating that insofar as it can be currently known that the applicant will continue
to be employed at the institution following the award of the advanced degree.
4. Provide a letter of application indicating how graduate studies will contribute to funeral service education and/or the ABFSE program.
5. Have completed at least one semester of graduate study at a regionally accredited institution and provide an official transcript as evidence.
Deadline for receipt of the application and supporting materials is March 1 or September 1.
American Board of Funeral Service Education
992 Mantua Pike, Suite 108
Woodbury Heights, NJ 08097
NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please email us at email@example.com